Remove a profile from a Chromebook
- On the sign-in screen, click the profile that you want to remove.
- In the lower-right corner of the profile picture, click the Down arrow .
- Click Remove this user.
- In the box that appears, click Remove this user.
If profile cannot be removed, perform device wipe
- Press and hold Esc + Refresh + tap Power
Press Ctrl+D to begin Dev mode, then press Enter.
- Press Space, then press Enter.
- The Chromebook deletes its local data, returning to its initial state. This can take a few minutes.
- When the transition completes, all account information and data stored on a Chrome device that isn't synced with Google Chrome Sync, such as photos, downloaded files, and saved networks, has been deleted.
- The Chromebook will need to be setup again by the IS Department for student use. Please submit the Chromebook for replacement.